sexta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2016

Received book :: "Between Before and After"

Hello everybody! Today's post is about a new book: Between Before and After, by Amanda Dick. Actually I did not receive the paperback copy. In fact, a few time ago I started following this author and I subscribed her site. This week I received an email saying that I could get a free Kindle ebook copy of this book and, of course, I could not miss this oportunity!

I want to discover this author and her writing. I'm still starting reading big books in English and, despite the long time I take to read, I think I'm going to enjoy this book. The synopsis is very interesting and so the country it takes place: New Zealand (our antipodes!).

What about you? Do you know Amanda Dick? Did you also get this free copy?🙂

Title: Between Before and After
Author: Amanda Dick
Publisher: Amanda Dick
Year: 2014
 
Synopsis:
Five friends. Three days. One heart-stopping discovery. 
 
Three years ago, Danny Morris left behind a gun, a tonne of questions and a gaping hole in the lives of those who loved him. What he didn’t leave was a suicide note.
 
On the anniversary of his death, his closest friends gather at his parents’ beach house in New Zealand's idyllic Marlborough Sounds. Danny’s girlfriend, Kate, is fighting valiantly against her blossoming feelings for his best friend, Finn, afraid she is somehow betraying his memory by moving on. Max is self-medicating with alcohol, fighting off nightmares he refuses to talk about as the memory of finding Danny’s body continues to haunt him. While Finn is finally ready to admit to himself that he is drawn to Kate, trying to save Max from himself dredges up long-buried anger and frustration that threaten to overwhelm him.
 
Three years ago, a single bullet ricocheted through all of them. But instead of time easing the pain, it has created a new set of problems.
 
How do you leave the past behind when it's right in front of you?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário